Remy Maucherat wrote:
Costin Manolache wrote:

Yoav Shapira wrote:

If Remy is interested, I think it would be fair to have a vote. If whoever is first later decide he had too much politics/admin pains - we'll have a backup ready :-)

At this point, I think I cannot avoid being a candidate. Yoav may be the best chair, however, so there's an opportunity for a real election.

Good. Let's get this over then.

I never liked "one candidate elections" or elections with 99% results ( remind me of an evil system :-)

Yoav would be an excelent chair - however Remy has my vote this time.

I'm at the moment in favor of allowing non consecutive one year terms.

Of course :-)

Costin

Unfortunately, it means two people can share the job, which would defeat the purpose, but without this, we could run out of worthy/willing candidates pretty fast.

I don't know what are the rules wrt board meetings ( if only the pmc is allowed, etc ), but while there is only one pmc chair, we can have as many volunteers as we want to help with the admin stuff - reports, etc( if I remember, Henri was doing this long before he became chair of jakarta pmc, same for Geir ).

Right.

So it's great to have as many people as possible volunteer for the unpleasand admin work - it will only make the admin job easier, and it'll make the rotation transition easier too.

Rémy