After downloading the binaries, you should be able to extract the files and then launch startup.bat.  A console window should display with Tomcat running.  Here's a display of the extracted tomcat directory hierarchy.  Test Tomcat by going to http://localhost:8080/.

Good luck

Tom Carroll wrote:

      Have used TOMCAT at all?   I'm trying to configure the system and according to their documentation all I need to
do is run the BAT file called TOMCAT with a parameter of RUN or START.  It end up blowing up on a CLASSDEFNOTFOUND
error.  After looking at the BAT file, I see that its trying to lauch a JAVA program "org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat ".

The install didn't even create a "org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat" directory or file.  I do have a "src.org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.java",

but this source only.  It doesn't make any mention abount having to build the system.  Any thoughts?  Did I down load the wrong thing?

Thanks Tom Carroll