From: Subha Gowri K V [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 12:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: servelet problem

Hi,
We are assuming that you want to use tomcat to execute jsp and servlets.

1. Edit your server.xml file.
2. Add a new context like this:
      <Context path="/myproj" docBase="c:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache\htdocs\myproj" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
3. Create a folder structure like
        c:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs\myproj
4. Edit Tomcat.conf. Add these lines
        Alias /myproj "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\apache\htdocs\myproj"
        ApJservMount /myproj/servlet /root
         <Location /myproj/WEB-INF/ >
        AllowOverride None
              deny from all
         </Location>
5. In your apache's httpd.conf, include this line
        Include "C:\Tomcat\Tomcat\conf\Tomcat.conf" - or wherever your tomcat is
installed.
6. Under htdocs\myproj, create a folder web-inf\classes. Put all your class
files here.
7. Put all your jsp pages under htdocs\myproj.
8. You can now access your servlet as:
        http://localhost/myproj/servlet/SimpleServlet

We got this solution from this mailing list too!!
Regards,
Subha