I'm unable to build mod_jk.so on Solaris 2.6, using
Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache 1.3.14.  Other people on this
group have reported the same problem I'm having, but
no solution has been posted.  I've emailed some of
those people, but they were not able to find a
solution either.

The problem appears to be with apxs.  The link line
doesn't have a command inserted:

garlic.wlipa% apxs -o mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk
-I/usr/local/jdk/include
-I/usr/local/jdk/include/solaris -c *.c ../jk/*.c
gcc -DSOLARIS2=260 -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
-DNO_DL_NEEDED  -I/home/www/apache/include -I../jk
-I/usr/local/jdk/include
-I/usr/local/jdk/include/solaris -DSOLARIS  -c
mod_jk.c

<... lines removed ...>

gcc -DSOLARIS2=260 -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
-DNO_DL_NEEDED  -I/home/www/apache/include -I../jk
-I/usr/local/jdk/include
-I/usr/local/jdk/include/solaris -DSOLARIS  -c
../jk/jk_worker.c
  -o mod_jk.so jk_worker.o jk_util.o
jk_uri_worker_map.o jk_sockbuf.o jk_pool.o jk_nwmain.o
jk_msg_buff.o jk_map.o jk_lb_worker.o jk_jni_worker.o
jk_connect.o jk_ajp13_worker.o jk_ajp13.o
jk_ajp12_worker.o mod_jk.o
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=255

Note the link line does not have any command name.  If
I guess that gcc is the proper command to do the link,
then I get the following errors:

garlic.wlipa% gcc -o mod_jk.so jk_worker.o jk_util.o
jk_uri_worker_map.o jk_sockbuf.o jk_pool.o jk_nwmain.o
jk_msg_buff.o jk_map.o jk_lb_worker.o jk_jni_worker.o
jk_connect.o jk_ajp13_worker.o jk_ajp13.o
jk_ajp12_worker.o mod_jk.o
socket                              jk_connect.o
ap_pstrdup                          mod_jk.o
ap_reset_timeout                    mod_jk.o
ap_table_set                        mod_jk.o
recv                                jk_sockbuf.o
dlclose                             jk_jni_worker.o
(symbol belongs to implicit dependency
/usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
ap_update_mtime                     mod_jk.o
gethostbyname                       jk_connect.o
ap_table_get                        mod_jk.o
ap_get_server_version               mod_jk.o
ap_bwrite                           mod_jk.o
ap_overlay_tables                   mod_jk.o
ap_pcalloc                          mod_jk.o
send                                jk_sockbuf.o
ap_add_common_vars                  mod_jk.o
ap_setup_client_block               mod_jk.o
setsockopt                          jk_connect.o
fdatasync                           jk_util.o
ap_send_http_header                 mod_jk.o
ap_psprintf                         mod_jk.o
ap_add_version_component            mod_jk.o
ap_palloc                           mod_jk.o
ap_bflush                           mod_jk.o
inet_addr                           jk_connect.o
ap_table_setn                       mod_jk.o
ap_log_error                        mod_jk.o
ap_get_client_block                 mod_jk.o
ap_should_client_block              mod_jk.o
ap_content_type_tolower             mod_jk.o
ap_get_remote_host                  mod_jk.o
ap_make_table                       mod_jk.o
ap_pvsprintf                        mod_jk.o
ap_parseHTTPdate                    mod_jk.o
dlsym                               jk_jni_worker.o
(symbol belongs to implicit dependency
/usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
ap_set_last_modified                mod_jk.o
dlopen                              jk_jni_worker.o
(symbol belongs to implicit dependency
/usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
ap_table_add                        mod_jk.o
main
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/crt1.o
ap_bsetflag                         mod_jk.o
dlerror                             jk_jni_worker.o
(symbol belongs to implicit dependency
/usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
connect                             jk_connect.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output
written to mod_jk.so
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Has anyone been able to build mod_jk.so in this
environment?

Thanks,
Bill Lipa