OK, I was able to get mod_jk.so to build.  The problem
was that my apache installation did not properly fill
out all the fields in the bin/apxs script.  When I
manually applied the following diff, mod_jk.so
compiled.

The values I used were taken from apache's
src/modules/Makefile; this Makefile was apparently
updated properly by configure, but bin/apxs was not.

No idea if it works yet, though...

Bill

garlic.wlipa% diff apxs apxs-orig
74,76c74,76
< my $CFG_CFLAGS_SHLIB  = q( -fPIC -DSHARED_MODULE);
   # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
< my $CFG_LD_SHLIB      = q(ld);          #
substituted via Makefile.tmpl
< my $CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB = q( -G); # substituted via
Makefile.tmpl
---
> my $CFG_CFLAGS_SHLIB  = q();      # substituted via
Makefile.tmpl
> my $CFG_LD_SHLIB      = q();          # substituted
via Makefile.tmpl
> my $CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB = q(); # substituted via
Makefile.tmpl

--- Pogo Com <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  I tried adding those libs,
> but
> there are still a lot of undefined symbols.  Does
> anyone know where these live?
>
> Bill
>

> gcc -o mod_jk.so jk_worker.o jk_util.o
> jk_uri_worker_map.o jk_sockbuf.o jk_pool.o
> jk_nwmain.o
> jk_msg_buff.o jk_map.o jk_lb_worker.o
> jk_jni_worker.o
> jk_connect.o jk_ajp13_worker.o jk_ajp13.o
> jk_ajp12_worker.o mod_jk.o -lsocket -lnsl -lresolv
> ap_pstrdup                          mod_jk.o
> ap_reset_timeout                    mod_jk.o
> ap_table_set                        mod_jk.o
> dlclose                             jk_jni_worker.o
> (symbol belongs to implicit dependency
> /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
> ap_update_mtime                     mod_jk.o
> ap_table_get                        mod_jk.o
> ap_get_server_version               mod_jk.o
> ap_bwrite                           mod_jk.o
> ap_overlay_tables                   mod_jk.o
> ap_pcalloc                          mod_jk.o
> ap_add_common_vars                  mod_jk.o
> ap_setup_client_block               mod_jk.o
> fdatasync                           jk_util.o
> ap_send_http_header                 mod_jk.o
> ap_psprintf                         mod_jk.o
> ap_add_version_component            mod_jk.o
> ap_palloc                           mod_jk.o
> ap_bflush                           mod_jk.o
> ap_table_setn                       mod_jk.o
> ap_log_error                        mod_jk.o
> ap_get_client_block                 mod_jk.o
> ap_should_client_block              mod_jk.o
> ap_content_type_tolower             mod_jk.o
> ap_get_remote_host                  mod_jk.o
> ap_make_table                       mod_jk.o
> ap_pvsprintf                        mod_jk.o
> ap_parseHTTPdate                    mod_jk.o
> dlsym                               jk_jni_worker.o
> (symbol belongs to implicit dependency
> /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
> ap_set_last_modified                mod_jk.o
> dlopen                              jk_jni_worker.o
> (symbol belongs to implicit dependency
> /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
> ap_table_add                        mod_jk.o
> main

/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/crt1.o