Do you have the servlet api's in your compilers classpath?

--erik

-----Original Message-----
From: Rezaul H. Safiuddin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 10:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Another Newbie Question -- Urgent Please!

How come I am not being able to compile a HelloWorldServlet.java with
jdk1.3 ? Its giving me hundreds of compiler errors. I need to compile this
file and create the .class file . Do I need something  especial for
compiling servlets ? I already installed the TomCat 3.2.1 . Any Help would
be appreciated. But I am able to run the SnoopServlet.java that comes with
TomCat in the classes directory. Do I have to configure something else if
I wanna add a new servlet class ?

Kash