OK...I am totally Confused..please Help!

I have jdk 1.3, Apache Web Server and TomCat 3.2....Where is the javax
package ? I finally downloaded jsdk 2.1 and the javax directory is
there..I pointed the classpath to that directory or its parent directory
in many ways.. - but it never finds it.

Shouldn't the servlet API's come with TomCat or do I have to download Java
Web Server or whatever ?

These are the errors I am getting :

HelloWorldServlet.java:3: package javax.servlet does not exist
import javax.servlet.*;
^
HelloWorldServlet.java:4: package javax.servlet.http does not exist
import javax.servlet.http.*;

Help please...Thanks.

Kash