Hi,

Check this:

http://www.jpackage.org

They have the rpm version of tomcat, that will make all the hard work for you.

Regards.

____________
Manolo Ramirez T.

Stuart Stephen wrote:
Hi all,

How might I go about installing Tomcat as a service in RedHat 9.0. I've
never installed a service under linux manually before and I'm not sure what
to do. I can't find the appropriate documentation in the manuals for either
Tomcat or RedHat. I must be looking in the wrong places :O(

UNRELATED: Also, If I wanted to install a java program as a service, how
might I do this? Is this a similar process?

Regards,
Stuart