Tim Funk wrote:
You can't intercept j_security_check with a filter, it violates the spec.

-Tim

This is at least one answer to my thread started last week: http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg104931.html. What are the consequences/possibilities to set the request character encoding with servlet standard API mechanisms instead of using the Tomcat proprietary solution of using a Valve?

Joerg

Lawence wrote:

Dear All,
I wrote a filter servlet that does some preprocessing. Basically it intercepts the call of j_secuity_check. The problem is that most of the time it was just bypassed. The only way to trigger it as I found is to first fill the form and got authenticated, then go back and try the authentication again. Anybody knows the solution? Another question is how to sepcify the url pattern of j_security_check. My login page is /secured/login.jsp, I think the url should be /secured/j_security_check, am I right?
Thanks in advance.