I'd like Tomcat 4 to be listening on port 80. I have changed
server.xml file
to read: <Connector name =
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector   port = 80 >.
I'm running as root, I know only root can access this port.
When I try to start Tomcat (tomcat4 start) I get a message: bind
exception - permission denied:80, bind exception - 8005 address already in use.
So I found a file /etc/tomcat4/tomcat4.conf where I changed tomcat-user to "root".
Now when I try to start Tomcat I only have one error: bind exception 8005 address
already in use.

My httpd is disabled, since we are using Tomcat as web server.
In Firewall configuration I added a line with Accept action for port
80. It created an /etc/sysconfig/ipchains file.
When I ran netstat -tupan I see no entry for port 80. But there is an entry for port
8005 that reads "Java".
Could you explain to me what does it all mean?  I'm pretty new to this stuff so bear
with me. Dies Tomcat need both ports 80 and 8005?  Isn't Java mean Tomcat is listening
on 8005?  Anyway how can I make Tomcat listen on port 80?  Just changing server.xml
doesn't seem to be enough.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
N.K