I should mention I'm running Tomcat on Linux...  I'm not sure if that makes any
difference.
N.K.

-----Original Message-----
From: V.Karthik Kumar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 1:47 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: setting tomcat to listen on port 80

I really don't know how to help you. The server.xml
file works well in Windows (i've tried it out, on port
80).

So, temporarily, till one of us comes up with a
solution, start httpd, and give a redirection page to
http://yourhost:8080.

Tomcat uses more ports such as a Shutdown Port / AJP13
Port etc.

This you can see in all the <Connector> lists in
server.xml file.

There is nothing wrong in using port 80. It works well
on Windows.. But i really don't know why it doesn't
work on Linux.

(That doesn't answer the question anyway)