From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 1:48 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: setting tomcat to listen on port 80

Howdy,
Your 8005 error is because you started tomcat before, and shut it down
inappropriately, or not at all, so it's still listening on port 8005.
8005 is the default tomcat shutdown port.

Shut down the first tomcat properly and completely.  Then you'll be able
to start on port 80 (and 8005 -- a server shutdown port is always
required in addition to the connector port).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.