I checked and in principle the MX seems to accept *any* username at the bow.intnet.mu domain. So no way to tell.
I don't remember the RFC in detail but it might well be that an unqualified username is not "legal" even in the headers.

Also, annimandary's posts do not have a Date: header. I would just forget about his posts, why reply?

Rather then spam the list, the lack of correct (fully qualified or not) From header could be used for easily forging posts (in particular for a user forging another user in the same domain). To avoid this the lists server could either reject or rewrite the From header (this time I would say quite legally, but better have a look) to reflect the envelope sender. Needless to say, if the original server allows setting the envelope sender arbitrarily...

Having said so we had some fun lately it seems, with the kagy robot risking a loop after it had been subscribed by someone. Also a couple of Norton antivirus reports (the original messages seemed to contain Sober.C), probably some virus forging the list address as sender. Bounces... they are such a pain!

Sorry again for the tone of my previous post and now sorry for the OT!!

Happy new year to you all...

Giuliano