Unable to check all the mails. But, glad to hear you and Doug together solved your problem.

Cheers

Bao

Jerry Ford wrote:

Well, that was certainly fun :)

I have made it work, and I think I sort of know how. Not *why* the fix works, just *how* to get my app functional once again.

And you are correct, Doug, in aiming me at the invoker servlet as the culprit.

The solution that worked for me is to remove the invoker servlet-mapping element from my web app and map each servlet individually. (Though beware---all servlets must be defined before any mapping elements are added to the web.xml file, or else the parser will throw an exception. Spent a good couple of hours or more fighting that little firefight on the sidelines.)

Don't understand why the presence of the invoker should foul up the operation of the jsp, but when I removed it and got the servlet/servlet-mapping order straight, suddenly the webapp worked, including the jsp, and both using Tomcat by itself and going through Apache.

Thanks for all who helped.

Jerry