From: Evgeny Gesin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 15:27
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Internationalization problem

Some sources say to set in catalina.sh
 JAVA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding="UTF8"

What is relation of that parameter and Web/JSP/i18n ?

Evgeny Gesin
Javadesk

--- "STOCKHOLM, Raymond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> é is "é" in UTF-8.
> It means that your browser is returning UTF-8, and
> your servlet/JSP
> is expecting ISO-8859-1.
> Check how your JSP is configured to handle the
> character set.
> To use UTF-8 in your JSP :
> <%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"
> pageEncoding="UTF-8"  %>
> and make sure that the charset in your JSP/HTML is
> defined as UTF-8 :
> charset=UTF-8">

They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **