Hi all,
        We have an app written in a mix of JSP, servlets and struts across 3
instances of apache, tomcat and an RMI server. To say that it's a pile of
smelly stuff is an understatement, however it works (mostly) and our
customers depend on it. At least once a week though it crashes with out of
memory errors.

Until we can redesign and fix it we are looking for a way to keep it up. One
suggest has been to have two servers running with a common DB server, and to
use a load balancer to allow us to keep one server up whilst we boot the
other, then vice versa. Thus on a daily basis we can reboot both machines
whilst mainting a working system for the users.

Can anyone see any problems with this ? I'm concerned about issue realed to
session management, etc.

Ciao
Derek

This email, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee
and may be confidential, privileged and subject to copyright.  If you
have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete
it.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
use, copy or disclose its content to anyone.  You must not copy or
communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to
copyright, unless you have the consent of the content owner.