Hi,

--- "Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Again, that's not what I said.  You just have to
> evaluate your
> requirements carefully.  Various factors like the
> content mix (%static
> vs. %dynamic), scalability requirements, SSL load,
> and others all figure
> into this decision.

Apache is web server, but Tomcat is not, while
technically Tomcat can serve html and other docs.
Apache also provides more configuration options for
scalability, security, etc.

> For better or worse, the connectors between Apache
> and Tomcat not always easy to set up.  It's by far
> the most common question/problem reported
> on this list.

It is not a problem with JK connector, I don't use
JK2.

> But part of the reason it's such a common topic is
> because more people are using it than should be.
> Not coincidentally, many of these people are ones
> who read somewhere once that tomcat is not
> a production-quality HTTP server, or that you have
> to put Apache in front for production installations,
> and didn't bother to verify/confirm/benchmark this
> assertion before following it blindly.

Those arguments sound as rumour, and of course should
not be used for serious decisions. At least Tomcat
4.1.29 is a good production version.

Yoav, you provide a great contribution to this list,
thank you very much!

-- Evgeny
Javadesk