On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 09:49:38AM +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
: Once in a week I need to restart Tomcat due to "OutofMemoryError". But I do
: not have access to the server for doing this. So, I am looking for a
: mechanism (if possible) to start / stop Tomcat remotely. Is this possible?

Something of this nature was recently discussed on the list.

I have a written a tool to do just this, called ListenExec.  It's a
socket listener that performs some rudimentary authentication and
executes commands.  You can telnet to the listener's port and have it
restart your Tomcat process.

You can download it from:

        http://downloads.brandxdev.net/tomcat-479785/

Note that this version is still pretty rough; I will soon have time to
clean it up.  The basic functionality is there, though.

Run it with commons-daemon.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net