If I am not mistaken, coldfusion now uses jsp tags. In fact, if you look at the
output, you'll notice tons of extra /r/n in the generated HTML code.

you're best bet is to look at the version of JRun you're using and which spec version
it supports. either tomcat4 or 5 should be compatible. the thing you may loose is
coldfusion's custom tags, but you can replace it with JSTL.  the catch is you'll have
to get someone who knows both coldfusion and JSTL to make the port quick and easy.

I hope that helps.

peter

Bram Van Grimbergen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello all,

Sorry in advance if my question is not addressed properly, but i'm
'breaking' my head on a question.

Since a pretty long time i'm working with coldfusion mx as dynamic
development environment.
Due to different reasons we are thinking about moving to a jsp environment

If correct: either tomcat/jakarta can handle jsp but also macromedia jrun is
a sollution.

Can I ask you, experts in jsp, why I should use tomcat/jakarte instead of
jrun?
I know too little about the differences to make a good choice.

Many thanks in advance for any comment!
bram