Thats the servlet-mapping.
<servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>AVG_ValuesServlet</servlet-name>
     <url-pattern>org/haw/weather/web/AVG_ValuesServlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
I've tried the pattern /AVG_ValuesServlet also, but it doesn't work.

The index.html is in the root of the application(in the parent-directory of the Web-inf directory).

You would also need to tell us your servlet-mapping and the directory of the file that the
form is in.

Tim

if I try to access the below described servlet from a html- or jsp-file
I get "Http 404 Error - Resource not available".

<form action="AVG_ValuesServlet" method="get" name="avg_values_form">
..</form>

I have tried it with the package-name as prefix and the prefix
"servlet/", but nothing works.
Whats wrong?

The class-file is located in the defined directory under ../web-inf/classes.
This is the only element of web.xml:
<servlet>
<servlet-name>AVG_ValuesServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.haw.weather.web.AVG_ValuesServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

Thanks in advance, Michael