Hi,
The only good way of knowing what your setup is capable of, is testing.
if you do not reach the 500 concurrent visitors mark in simulation testings (using JMeter or some ohter stress tool) you will probably not be able to serve 500 real concurrent users.

Be sure to run the test over night, or at least for more than 5 or 10 minutes, as your application might be leaking some memory over time.

Regarding the strange memory behaviour shown in TaskManager, when it goes up and then down, taskmanager is not showing correct information all the time. Try running tomcat in a command promt window, then watch how taskmanager reports memory statistics when you minimize the window.

if memory goes steadilly up, you should check if you are reloading jsp pages, or using developement settings for the jsp sservlet. Behaviour like you described could happen if you have context-reloading set to true, then if something changes in either web.xml or WEB-INF/lib or /WEB-INF/classes directory the classloader for that context is reloaded. This can take up some memory, that usually is returned in GC.
hope it helps
-reynir

Safadi, Mazin wrote:

But windows has enough space, 2GB memory, Dual processors, this app. is
running but still Tomcat does not receive hits, what will happen if the
server has up to 500 visitors concurrently, How windows will handle this?
How to make sure that JVM will not goes down?