On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 02:02:03PM +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
: What are Filters and how they can be used?

Google "servlet filter" -- it's available in servlet spec 2.3 and later.

Essentially, you can set up a series of these filters to wrap a call to
your webapp, based on URI path or file extension.  Each filter is called
in turn (both for request and response). You can use them to check for
things in the request/session/etc and short-circuit the process if
something goes awry.

:In the below is the simplified example request and what we would like to log is
command and user from the request + IP address of the client => bind the request to
requestor's IP Address.

I missed your original post, but if you're trying to get to the client
IP from within the deployed web service -and- using Axis, it's possible.
I just dug this out recently myself.  Start with
        MessageContext#getCurrentContext()
find the session, cast it to an AxisSession, and get the wrapped
HttpSession object out of that.

It's a little buried.  =)

-QM

--