I am really lost on this one, my application at work (running with
apache/tomcat/modjk) is locking up with all "W"s.  We have 5 new
solaris machines running tomcat and 5 more with apache (1 to 1
relationship).

The application seems to lock up on a regular basis.  The most useful
information to this point is our apache server-status which shows
hundreds of "W"'s  implying that we are writing responses back to
users.  The fact is none of these responses are supposed to be long
writes.

Has anyone ever filled up their apache queue with all "W"s?  What are
somethings to look into on this.

Some things that we have looked into that have resulted in no leads:

Connections to all databases are low in any,
No apparent network clogs on internal network,
Unable to reproduce under software load testing,

Anyone with any suggestions or more questions would be much
appreciated, we have been dealing with this for quite some time now
with no hope of a remedy in the near future.

-Mike Medwith