Our company uses covalent for support, I am a mere developer.  I don't
even have control or major influence of the platforms or
administration.  I will mention that right away...

To be honest, I have a feeling its something code/network related
because it was happening prior to apache 2.0...

Any more suggestions would be much appreciated, is there anything I
can research or look for in code or logs or status pages?

-Mike