Can you run multiple instances of Tomcat? I tried this but I ran into
problems.

I'm running Sakai (the open source Learning Management System) which
installs its own Tomcat engine.  When I try to start up my own non-Sakai
Tomcat instance from the command line (which resides in a completely
separate jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28 folder) a new DOS window pops up and it
seems like it goes through the entire deployment in the conventional
manner.  But instead of staying open, that second DOS window eventually
closes.  And then when I try to request pages against the second Tomcat
instance I don't get anything back in the browser.  The Sakai instance
still serves pages correctly.

However, if the Sakai Tomcat server is turned off I can turn on my
other instance and serve pages from it.  Is there a way to make both
Tomcat engines run simultaneously without conflict?

Cheers,

Luke Fernandez

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/28/2004 11:11:05 AM >>>
Or you could run multiple instances of Tomcat