thanks for your answer, but i don´t received the attachment. Could you
resend it to me?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bryant, William" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 4:47 PM
Subject: RE: How can i create a login application

I have a similar requirement in the app we are writing...

It may not be the best solution to the problem, but here's what I did:

I created a 'login page' in which the user enters their username/password.
The action of this login form is a servlet that authenticates the
username/pass against a database. If the user is found in the database and
the correct password was given, then a login data object is created and
placed in the user's session.  This login data object is really just a
simple data class with some user info (name, userid, etc.), along with a
hashtable containing some table-driven permissions for that user's group.
This login data object also implements the HttpSessionBindingListener
interface so I know when the session times out (and can automatically log
the user out of the system).

Then, I created a simple login verification JSP.  This jsp simply checks for
the existence of the login data object, and if found, does nothing.  If,
however, the object is not found in the session, I know the user is not
logged in and issue a 'response.sendRedirect("index.jsp")' method to send
the user to the login page.

Finally, for each JSP in the system that the user must be logged in to view,
I use an include directive '<%@ include file="loginVerify.jsp" %>' at the
top of the file.  When a user requests this jsp file, the included jsp
(login verify) is fired off and checks to see if they are logged in, and if
not, redirects the user to the login page.

Hope that helps.

If you wanna see some code, let me know...

... Mike