Slemp, Douglas, J (Doug) typed the following on 09:46 AM 3/27/2001 -0500
>I'm unfamilir with the method setAttribute for HttpSession(something new?)
>
>I myself have no problem with session state, as long as I use the
>getValue/putValue methods as defined in the HttpSession class.

putValue/getValue have been deprecated and replaced with setAttribute/getAttribute,
as of version 2.1 of the spec (we're now up to 2.2 and finalizing 2.3). You're behind
the times, daddy-o! I don't think anything changed other than the names. I'm not
sure why they changed, maybe just so their names would be more consistent with
other specs.

Kief