It will eat up CPU, but you also save CPU by not having to transmit those extra bytes.

Its always a good idea to GZIP.

-Tim

Peddireddy Srikanth wrote:

Hi all,
Iam planning to turn on the HTTP/1.1 GZIP compression for my
application by setting the compression attribute of http connector.
Iam sure that this will reduce my bandwidth requirements.
But I have a doubt. Is Compressing the responses  will eat away many
CPU cycles and affect my throughput or performance or scalability.

Any one have used this option in production environment and what r the
results(performance etc)