I would try removing the <<context>>.xml file, if there is one, and replace the web.xml with a default one. Then restart Tomcat.

If you still get the 404 error when calling just JSP pages and there are no errors in the catalina.out file then the problem is very likely in the syntax of the URL being used. If this does work then the problem is mostlly in the web.xml file. Possiblly in the <<context>>.xml but not liklly.

The <<context>>.xml file can be found in

<<Tomcat Dir>>Tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\<<Name of deployment dir>>.xml

<Sample of a defulat web.xml File>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";