Hi,

Hm :(

Are you able to clarify what you mean by "a well configured Ant which is able
to use a Java compiler." Perhaps this is where the problem lies?

My Ant setup is such that I have ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME env vars set. I have
ANT_HOME/bin and JAVA_HOME/bin on the PATH. The ant and javac commands work on
the command line. I can run the Tomcat build script and many other build
scripts with ant to build software (including Tomcat).

This for me looks like at least a configured Ant. Am I missing some link that
you know of?

In terms of installing the deployer, I literally did the following:

1. Downloaded 5.5.11-alpha Deployer
2. Unzipped to c:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.11-deployer
3. Created deployer.properties, setting the 4 or 5 properties required for the
web application
4. Moved to c:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.11-deployer
5. Executed ant compile
6. File copy works etc... but then I get the exception with the jasper2 task.

Then I got your suggestion

7. Copy jdt compiler jar frmo common/lib to
c:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.11-deployer\lib
8. Executed ant compile

Same error occurs however. I don't _think_ I have done anything funny but you
never know ;)

Your help is appreciated, Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055