Well that's really unexpected. The only other 2 differences are perhaps that I
am on Windows, and that I did this with the 5.5.11-alpha download from the
site. I can't think of anything else if you say that copying the JDT jar should
work. It simply doesn't here and I have tested this with pure downloads with no
interference or funny business.

I've been able to move forward with deployer by commenting out the jasper2 task
in the build.xml file at least which is something, although I see that undeploy
fails to remove all libs in the WEB-INF/lib which goes on to cause a redeploy
problems, but that's anothe thread to be had ;)

It looks like I will just have to continue with commenting out jasper2 for now
as I am simply out of ideas and I cannot reduce the problem any more, my Ant
and Javac work well independently of deployer.

Thanks for your help, perhaps something will come to me, Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474