Hi Peter,

That is why I mentioned it. We deliver our static content from other servers, and had originally considered hiding our TCs behind apache for 'security reasons'.

After seeing the speed difference, and the fact that their isn't really a security difference if you just push all the traffic straight through anyway, we decided not
to put Apache between our users and our Tomcat servers.

If I didn't need to use re-writes, and complicated rules on our apaches, I would also
use THTTP for performance reasons.

Andrew