Actually.. according to the documentation the RemoteHostValve and
RemoteAddrValve both do the same thing..

They both say...
"Concrete implementation of RequestFilterValve that filters based on the
string representation of the remote client's IP address."

The javadoc is exactly the same except the class name. :-P

Is it safe to say that tomcat doesn't support FQDN filtering (or is this
just a typo/(cut-paste) issue? If it does support it are there performance
implications since it seems that it would need to do a DNS lookup on all
incoming connections.