Does the RemoteHostValve work?   There are no examples in the Tomcat 5
docs and the tomcat 4 docs have the following..

 <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteHostValve"
         allow="*.mycompany.com,www.yourcompany.com"/>

Any regex starting with * fails in Tomcat 5 and you can also see this
happen on the Regex test applet.

http://jakarta.apache.org/regexp/applet.html

Does anyone have some working examples?  It doesn't work for me even
if I type in the full hostname.   Perhaps there is something in Tomcat
I need to configure for it to be able to get the hostname of the
requestor?

Tony