From: Jianping Zhu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 6:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: how to set env varible

I have redhat 7.2.
I am istalling tomcat which need an env varible JAVA_HOME point to JDK
I need to set an env varible JAVA_HOME point to directoy /usr/java

I did this by adding 2 line to etc/profile

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java:$JAVA_HOME
export JAVA_HOME

I used source profile, it's fine.
But I try to start tomcat, it gives me error message:
JAVA_HOME env varible is not defined

Any suggetion?
Thanks
Jianping Zhu