On Fri, 10 May 2002, Mats Nyberg wrote:

> Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 20:00:51 +0200
> From: Mats Nyberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: automatic login
>
> locking myself in is no problem; this is an app running on a collegue's
> (peter antman @ jboss) heavily patched version of a JBoss 2.something
> loaded with tomcat and jboss dependencies.
>
> do you know the internals of the accessinterceptor/authentification process
> in tomcat?

I'd *better* know it, because I wrote it ... :-)

Look in package org.apache.catalina.authenticator in the Tomcat source
code for the implementation classes that implement the various login
methods.  You'll need to understand quite a bit about Tomcat's internal
architecture for this to work -- there are some UML diagrams and such
stuff in the "Catalina Documentation" part of the tomcat-docs webapp.

However, I'm afraid that I'm not going to be able to assist you any, due
to time constraints.

Craig