Mats Nyberg wrote:

> Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>

>> On Fri, 10 May 2002, Mats Nyberg wrote:
>>
>>> Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 20:00:51 +0200
>>> From: Mats Nyberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> Subject: Re: automatic login
>>>
>>> locking myself in is no problem; this is an app running on a collegue's
>>> (peter antman @ jboss) heavily patched version of a JBoss 2.something
>>> loaded with tomcat and jboss dependencies.
>>>
>>> do you know the internals of the accessinterceptor/authentification
>>> process
>>> in tomcat?
>>>

>> I'd *better* know it, because I wrote it ... :-)
>>
> straight to the source, huh
> ;)
>

>> Look in package org.apache.catalina.authenticator in the Tomcat source
>> code for the implementation classes that implement the various login
>> methods.
>
> using 3.2, dude
> :(
>
>> You'll need to understand quite a bit about Tomcat's internal
>> architecture for this to work
>
> I do
>
>> -- there are some UML diagrams and such
>> stuff in the "Catalina Documentation" part of the tomcat-docs webapp.
>>
>> However, I'm afraid that I'm not going to be able to assist you any, due
>> to time constraints.
>>
> hey, i know i'm on a seller's market here ;)
>
> got an idea, though.
> I'll be back
>
> by the way, vincenzo: your idea worked - will write HOWTO for the list

No doubt Mats ;)
we use it in a production site :)
The only potential flaw is that if you look in your browser's cache you
may find the authentication form filled with username and password and
that's a problem in a shared computer environment. This happens only if
you perform your redirect in jsp page, maybe server-side redirecting can
avoid this. Didn't try.

--
   I imagine bugs and girls have a dim perception that nature played a cruel
trick on them, but they lack the intelligence to really comprehend the