On a related note, There may also be problems with the classes12 file -
for some unknown reason, it contains the javax.sql package. I have seen
cases where JDK 14x just flat refuses to load it. You may want to unzip
the jar, remove those classes and repackage it without them.

Larry

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/11/02 21:05 PM >>>
Don't put it everywhere. I've seen things break consistently when put in

more than one classloader. Put it in your commons/lib directory. I'm
using
this and it works just fine under 4.0.4. Can you verify that you can
reproduce the problem under 4.0.4?

> All attempts to create an Oracle database pool in 4.1.12 have failed.
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class
> 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'
>         at
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(Unknown
> Source) at
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(Unknown
> Source) at

com.opensymphony.module.user.provider.jdbc.JDBCCredentialsProvider.list(JDBCCredentialsProvider.java:40)
> at

com.opensymphony.module.user.UserManager.getEntities(UserManager.java:288)
> at

com.opensymphony.module.user.UserManager.getUsers(UserManager.java:127)
> etc
>
> What I've tried:
>
> 1. Renamed classes12.zip to classes12.jar.
> 2. Put it EVERYWHERE, under every lib directory in the Tomcat
directory
> structure. 3. Added it to the CLASSPATH (in setclasspath.sh)
>
>  Prove to me that I am making the right decision in moving from
WebLogic
>  to Tomcat for a smal project!
>
> Ira
>

> This message and any attachments (the "message") is
> intended solely for the addressees and is confidential.
> If you receive this message in error, please delete it and
> immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with
> its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole
> or partial, is prohibited except formal approval. The internet
> can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
> BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not
> therefore be liable for the message if modified.
>
>                 ---------------------------------------------
>
> Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le
> "message") sont etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses
> destinataires et sont confidentiels. Si vous recevez ce
> message par erreur, merci de le detruire et d'en avertir
> immediatement l'expediteur. Toute utilisation de ce
> message non conforme a sa destination, toute diffusion
> ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf
> autorisation expresse. L'internet ne permettant pas
> d'assurer l'integrite de ce message, BNP PARIBAS (et ses
> filiales) decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce
> message, dans l'hypothese ou il aurait ete modifie.

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:tomcat-user-help@;jakarta.apache.org>