The line:

RedirectMatch ^/$ http://mysite/theContext

did the trick.

Now I have to find out how to make apache call index.jsp automatically if no
page is requested.  If i use http://localhost:8080/myapp tomcat calls
index.jsp automatically, but when going through apache
(http://localhost/myapp) apache doesn't load the index.jsp.

How can i make it load index.jsp automatically?

Thanks again!