I don't think they are poorly documented at all.  Just the HOWTOs written by
myself and others on this list alone provide comprehensive documentation.

My point was that Tomcat is free, and it is developed in the open source
model.  That means the quickest way to get your suggestions implemented is
to do them yourself.

The source for the ApacheConfig class is in the Tomcat source bundle, where
it should be.  The package name is the same name as used in server.xml.

Please keep in mind that the ApacheConfig class is a convenience feature,
and is not a core feature of Tomcat.  The fact that it is there at all is
gravy, not a requirement, and more a feature of connector development than
Tomcat development.

John