I know that you can change CLASSPATH in the startup scripts or on the
command line, as well as other things.  My point was that, out of the box,
if you execute startup.bat or startup.sh, an environment variable named
CLASSPATH isn't going to do much.  Since a large portion of the traffic on
the list is from folks just trying to install and run Tomcat to do/learn JSP
and servlet development, and the poster originally mentioned NT, I assumed
that they were probably interested in a default, lowest-common-denominator
answer.  Probably a bad assumption.

John