Raiden,

If you really want to maintain the session between HTTPs and HTTP you
can do it by writing the link to the insecure page
with the session id like this: (using JSP)

>From the insecure page:
<form method="post"
action=<"http://(youraddress/insecurepage)<%=session.getId()%>">
  <input type="submit" value="go insecure"/>
</form>

The same thing will work going from insecure to secure.  Your session
will get dragged around.

-------

Also, it is interesting to note that a recent "Feature" of Expresso is
the ability to maintain
session when going between HTTPS and HTTP.  It must be that users need
this capability.

Dan