These are extremely clear and detailed instructions - nice, Denise...
Hopefully, this will help Steve emerge victorious from his year-long
battle against Tomcat.  One thing though I wanted to point out is that the
<servlet-name> values should match, so use the same thing ("greeting",
"Startup", or whatever) in both places.  Then, just to clarify even
further, the URL that should get you to your servlet would be
http://localhost:8080/greeting/GreetingServlet.  Like Noel said, though,
if you can't get the examples to work, then you are getting ahead of
yourself by trying to get your own servlet to work.  First get Tomcat to
work "out of the box", then dive into your own stuff.

Go for it, Steve!!!

Denise Mangano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
01/14/03 03:50 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"