I can't explain those log messages.  I do know that mod_jk uses a single
file called workers.properties.  I believe, if you use the JkWorkersFile
command in httpd.conf, that you can tell mod_jk to use any file you like,
like my.properties.  So, if you want to use jk2.properties, you probably
can.  I only use mod_jk, and I can assure you I have no files named
jk2.properties.

mod_jk2 is a completely different module.  It takes different configuration
commands, it uses two files instead of one (or can use a single file if you
use JkUriSet in httpd.conf).

So, the confusion can be clarified by you telling us which module you are
using: JK (mod_jk), or JK2 (mod_jk2).  Then we can help you figure out your
configuration questions, if any.  Otherwise we are just going in circles.

Regarding your question about the images:  where are the images located
relative to Apache and Tomcat?  Does Tomcat have access to that directory?
Does Apache have access to that directory?  More information is needed.

John