Hi,

Nah, you can't do this sanely with mod_rewrite, simply because of the way Apache is
structured. Apache offers the URI to mod_jk first, and if mod_jk accepts that it will
handle it, then it won't even touch mod_rewrite.

If it has gone as far as mod_rewrite, it is too late for mod_jk to claim it. I suppose
you could do something REALLY hackish with mod_proxy, but that isn't a pretty solution.

What we really need is a mod_rewrite for Tomcat :)

Thanks,
C.Davies