Tomcat version - 4.1.12
MySQL version - 3.23.55-nt
OS - WinNT
JDK - 1.4.1_01

I have researched this problem on the internet and in the documentation for
Tomcat, and I still haven't resolved this issue. So, I'm looking for help from
someone from this list.

Here is my URL that I invoke: http://localhost:8080/dbtest/test.jsp
Here is the error I receive:

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null' at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSou
rce.java:529)

Referencing this URL -
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html:
1. I have a database and table with 1 row of data
2. Here is the chunk of code that I inserted into my
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml.
<!-- Database configuration for MySQL -->
          <Context path="/DBTest" docBase="DBTest"
        debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

                          prefix="localhost_DBTest_log." suffix=".txt"
                          timestamp="true"/>

               <Resource name="jdbc/TestDB"
                            auth="Container"
                            type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

               <ResourceParams name="jdbc/TestDB">
               <parameter>
                 <name>factory</name>
               </parameter>

               <!-- Maximum number of dB connections in pool. Make sure you
                     configure your mysqld max_connections large enough to
handle
                     all of your db connections. Set to 0 for no limit.
                     -->
               <parameter>
                 <name>maxActive</name>
                 <value>100</value>
               </parameter>

               <!-- Maximum number of idle dB connections to retain in pool.
                     Set to 0 for no limit.
                     -->
               <parameter>
                 <name>maxIdle</name>
                 <value>30</value>
               </parameter>

               <!-- Maximum time to wait for a dB connection to become available
                     in ms, in this example 10 seconds. An Exception is thrown
if
                     this timeout is exceeded.  Set to -1 to wait indefinitely.
                     -->
               <parameter>
                 <name>maxWait</name>
                 <value>10000</value>
               </parameter>

               <!-- MySQL dB username and password for dB connections  -->
               <parameter>
                <name>username</name>
                <value>bugtracker</value>
               </parameter>
               <parameter>
                <name>password</name>
                <value>footin</value>
               </parameter>

               <!-- Class name for mm.mysql JDBC driver -->
               <parameter>
                  <name>driverClassName</name>
                  <value>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</value>
               </parameter>

               <!-- The JDBC connection url for connecting to your MySQL dB.
                     The autoReconnect=true argument to the url makes sure that
the
                     mm.mysql JDBC Driver will automatically reconnect if mysqld
closed the
                     connection.  mysqld by default closes idle connections
after 8 hours.
                     -->
               <parameter>
                 <name>url</name>
                <!--
<value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/javatest?autoReconnect=true</value>-->
                <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/bugtracker</value>
               </parameter>
               </ResourceParams>
               </Context>
3. Here is my web.xml under $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/dbtest/web-inf/web.xml:
    <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
    "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>
<web-app>
  <description>MySQL Test App</description>
  <resource-ref>
      <description>DB Connection</description>
      <res-ref-name>jdbc/TestDB</res-ref-name>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>
</web-app>

4. Added my DB Driver under
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/dbtest/lib/org/git/mm/mysql/Driver.class. I also tried
just putting the jar file under the /lib.

5. Created a JSP and class just like in the example above. I just changed my
select statement inside the class, that's all.

6. I have verified that my database is indeed running.

7. In my.ini (for MySQL), the port setting is NOT commented. The bind-address IS
commented out.

Thanks for any help!
Kevin