Hi there...

If you happen to be working as a satellite communications technician in the heart of a 
central american jungle, and your only laptop's IDE controller craps out, what do you 
do?

Why, thank God for tomsrtbt, of course. :)

Well, it kind of works anyway. I didn't test it thoroughly enough before I left, and 
now I discover that the cardbus module doesn't seem to work, so I'm without ethernet. 
I have to use a serial connection to my router console, then telnet from the router to 
a shell host elsewhere, so using the internet is--shall we say--less than convenient 
at this point.

Here's what happens:

/usr/lib/modules/pcmcia# insmod pcmcia_core.o
Linux PCMCIA Card Services 3.0.12
  kernel build: 2.0.37 #1 Fri Jun 18 21:40:22 EDT 1999
  options: [pci] [cardbus]
/usr/lib/modules/pcmcia# insmod cardbus.o
kernel_version needed, but can't be found
/usr/lib/modules/pcmcia#

Also, it's worth noting that any time I do "insmod i82365" (or the default pcmcia 
startup script attempts it), my laptop freezes. I'm pretty sure my laptop uses cardbus 
though.

What's the fix? Can somebody recompile the kernel and cardbus module so the 
kernel_version isn't needed?

Bigger favor yet, can somebody pack up a tomsrtbt image for me that uses such a kernel 
& module?

Thanks in advance...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to