I have compiled rsync binaries for tomsrtbt using libc5, altgcc and gcc272
packages and debian.
To quote the README.Debian from the libc5 package:
>From the Debian FAQ:
4.6 Can Debian be used to compile libc5 programs?
Yes. In Debian, your system can be fully upgraded to libc6 (including
the development packages), and yet it is possible to develop programs
for libc5. Just install the required -altdev packages. The minimum set
of packages you will need is: altgcc in section devel and libc5-altdev
in section oldlibs.
Then you would have to place the libc5 tools ahead of the normal tools
in your path. That is, execute the command export
PATH=/usr/i486-linuxlibc1/bin:$PATH
(This is not essential, just advantageous.) If you are only going to
do this once, you could execute:
PATH=/usr/i486-linuxlibc1/bin:$PATH make [target].
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Javier Hernandez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 12:42 AM
> To: Tom Oehser
> Cc: Tomsrtbt Mail List
> Subject: Re: [tomsrtbt] New apa1480 module fails
>
...snip...
> I know tomsrtbt is only a rescue system but I feel a little
> unuseful if I can not compile myself those binaries.
> 0:-)
>
> I wonder if there is a way of setting up a tomsrtbt full
> system. I mean a system where to compile binaries, etc...
> ( libc5, kernel 102.0.39, etc... )
>
...snip...