Hello all,

as you may noticed nightshade is not re-setup yet and also yarrow is not back
for use. That have a reason: We decided to get rid of Solaris on the userland-
server again, because no real solaris-expert is left in the root-group; but
there are 2 Debian-users in the group so we choose Debian as new operating
system.
The original plan was to use yarrow as a playground and when everything is fine
there to switch willow. For some unknown reason, nightshade lost its solaris-
installation shortly after or during the last colo-visit.
So the plan was changed in the following manner: We use yarrow as playground,
but try to speed up everything, and when we fine with it, we switch
*nightshade* over. I hope to make all changes to puppet (our server-managment-
system) during the next 7 days, but it may take few days longer.
If you are a Debian-user too, you can help me a little bit: Insert needed
packages at [1] and help other users to find packages for their needed
liberies.
Willow will keep Solaris for several more months (if nothing bad happens with
it), so there will be no problems with non-running tools. At first everything
will keep running on willow and when you are ready you can switch over your
tools to Debian (if you use SGE, that will be very easy because only 1 flag has
to set – more details later) – for most tools there should be no (big)
problems.

Just as a information for you what is going on at the moment.

Sincerley,
DaB.

[1] https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/User:Dab/Debian-Packages

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885