"DaB." <w...@daniel.baur4.info> wrote:

> [...]
> If you are a Debian-user too, you can help me a little bit: Insert needed
> packages at [1] and help other users to find packages for their needed
> liberies.
> [...]

Does this mean that all the accumulated JIRA requests for
Perl modules & Co. will get scrapped? :-)  I believe we had
several issues already in the past when the installed soft-
ware differed between the Solaris servers.  Which brings me
to: Does anyone know an established format a) in which pro-
jects could write down their requirements and b) that covers
both Debian and Solaris?  So when admins need to (re-)in-
stall a server, they wouldn't have to guess which packages
are (still) required, but could just collect all
$HOME/.requirements for active accounts and when one of
these could not be satisfied, there would also be a person
to contact before tools get broken.

Tim